Ample Sound has announced the release of Ample China Erhu (ACEH), a new virtual instrument plugin featuring samples of 3 Erhus in the key of D, C and low G, with 7.6 GB samples, including head, body and legato group articulations, FX sounds, as well as a select collection of improvised licks.
- The Artist: Ying Wang (Ph.D. Erhu major, Central Conservatory of Music).
- The Instruments: the ACEH is sampled on 3 Erhus in the key of D C and low G. Main notes (D3~G5) are sampled on the Erhu in the standard key of D. Lower notes (G2~C#3) are sampled on Erhus in the key of C and low G.
- Portamentos with customizable pitch and timing, within one octave. Aided with Virtual Portamento technology that supports customizable slide process.
- There are 4 articulation groups (Head, Body, Legato and Special Effects), consisting of 30 articulations in total in the ACEH:
- Bowed Articulations: Sustain, Staccato, Ricochet, Grace Tremolo, Expressive Tremolo and Portato.
- Expressions: Whispering, Sighing, Crying and Hoarse.
- Fingered Articulations: Pizzicato, Diminuendo, Sforzando, Expressive, Vibrato, Uniform Trill, Variable Trill, Mordent, Inverted Mordent, Double Mordent, Full Slide Up, Full Slide Down, Slide in Below, Slide in Above, Slide Out Downward, Slide Out Upward, Portamento and Virtual Portamento.
- Special Effects: Lick, Mirroring.
- Sustained articulations have 5 velocity layers. Legato articulations have 4 velocity layers including Mordent, Straight Legato, Expressive Legato and Soft Legato. ACEH can produce sound from mildly soft to bright and aggressive.
- Bowed string instruments have the feature that with higher velocity, the tone is brighter and cleaner and the duration is shorter; with lower velocity, the tone is darker and the duration is longer. If longer notes are needed, users can switch on the Loop function, which will keep the note sustained instead of reaching a natural release (only for a number of articulations). Polyphonic chords can be played using the Polyphonic mode.
- Recorded with 5 mics (Mid low, Mid High, Front, Back and Far Position). Each mic volume is adjustable and equipped with channel EQ. Providing 4 Mic modes: AB, Wide AB, MS and Bright MS, capable of colorful sound designs.
- 3 fingering modes: A string mode, D string mode and Position mode, capturing the realistic fingering of the Erhu performance.
- Intelligent Legato system that fine tunes to the timing of notes.
- Endless legato between articulations.
- Creative Mirroring feature.
- Voice independent SAHDS Modulation System.
- Windows: Windows 7/8/10, 64-bit only (32-bit not supported).
- Mac: 10.9 or newer versions.
- VST2, VST3, AU, AAX and Standalone host (Rectangles).
- Intel i5 or higher.
- iLok Anti-Piracy system, which requires a free iLok account. The license can be stored on the local machine without an iLok dongle, or on 2nd/3rd generation iLok dongle.
ACEH Intro Price: $127 until September 5, 2022 (Reg. $169).
Ample Sound is running a Summer Sale until August 15:
- Full bundle (29 plugins) - 67% off.
- Full guitar bundle (13 plugins) - 59% off.
- Full bass bundle (7 plugins) - 52% off.
- Electric guitar bundle (6 plugins) - 50% off.
- Chinese instrument bundle (6 plugins) - 50% off.
- Acoustic guitar bundle (5 plugins) - 49% off.
- Electric bass bundle (4 plugins) - 48% off.
- Metal bundle (3 plugins) - 46% off.
- Acoustic bass bundle (2 plugins) - 33% off.
- Ethno bundle (2 plugins) - 33% off.
- Single products - 20% off.