Audreio has released an update to its iOS App and plug-in suite which features Synth and MIDI support. This new feature allows using an iOS device as if it were a software synthesizer on a desktop DAW. Now, the Audreio instrument plug-in (available as VST 2, VST 3, AU, and coming soon AAX) plays MIDI from the DAW through an IAA Instrument loaded on Audreio iOS and delivers the audio back to the DAW.
- Audio streaming (via cable): Stream 32-bit audio between your iOS device and the Audreio plug-in running on a Mac DAW (e.g. Logic, Live, DP, Studio One).
- Wireless audio streaming: Stream 16-bit audio between other iOS devices running Audreio, or between a desktop DAW running the Audreio plug-in.
- Recorder: Capture the incoming audio from a remote device, an IAA app, or the microphone.
- Safe Record: When recording from a remote connection, the audio file will not have glitches even under poor network conditions where live streaming produces audible glitches.
- File export: Export recorded files via AudioCopy or iTunes file sharing.
- Transport: Control playback and recording on a remote device and IAA host with the transport controls.
- IAA effects hosting.
- Use an iOS device as an effect to your DAW.
- New in 1.6: MIDI support with the Audreio plug-in.