Bremmers Audio Design has released MultitrackStudio 9.
The new release makes better use of large screens by adding 'content panes' to the tracks. There's support for MIDI effects, including an arpeggiator.
MIDI tracks can now use a dedicated 'Articulation' controller to switch voices from multitimbral VSTi/AUi plugins and external MIDI instruments. And there's a new Multi Instrument that combines up to 5 instruments into a single MIDI instrument, so even monotimbral instruments can have articulations.
- Content Panes on tracks (display editor data compactly).
- VST3 support (currently Windows only).
- MIDI effects (Arpeggiator, VST2, AU).
- Articulations for External MIDI Instruments and VSTi/AUi plugins. You can use a MIDI controller to switch between bowed and pizzicato violin, for example.
- Multi Instrument: combine up to 5 MIDI instrument in one instrument. Can be used for different articulations (one plays at a time) or for layering (all play simultaneously).
- All MIDI Instruments now have an option to specify note names (these names appear in the drum editor).
- Better support for Waves VST2 plugins. They can now run bridged (Windows). Songs will still load the plugins after updating Waves plugins to a newer version.
- Most VSTi plugins that fail to stop any playing notes when transport stops now become silent anyway.
- Cycling transport: transport bar now has Cycle button.
- Rewind/Fast Forward now try to move to 'nice' position if counter is showing bar:beat.
- EQ spectrum display: 'Full Scale" box goes to lower value if 'dB/div' is set to 10.
- Note Editor window: you can now type semitone offset in Note box (for example: if it's C5 and you type -2 it becomes Bb4).
- Pianoroll/Score/Drum editors: a series of notes can be selected by clicking one, and then clicking another while pressing the Shift key.
- MultitrackStudio Instruments synths: attack is now linear rather than exponential, in order to avoid the synths being noticably 'late'.
- The MultitrackStudio Remote iPad app has been updated.
- Level meters no longer have 'LED' segments.
- Fixed: "Revert to Version" menu didn't always list versions in chronological order.
- Fixed: Running an audio track in practice mode no longer clears the track editor undo history.
- Fixed (Windows touchscreen): automatic horizontal scrolling while resizing selected part on the right hand side didn't work reliably.
- Fixed (Mac): some windows other than the main window would go full-screen if the main window was full screen.
Users who purchased MultitrackStudio after October 28, 2013 are entitled to lifetime free updates. Older versions can be upgraded: $39 (Pro) / $23 (Standard).