Deskew Technologies has updated Gig Performer, its audio plugin host for Mac and Windows, to v2.1.
Gig Performer will be of interest to live performance and session musicians looking for both usability and workflow to quickly create the sounds they need for their shows or recording sessions. Gig Performer is designed to be quick and easy to use for musicians who don't want technology to get in their way. It is in use world wide by guitarists, keyboard players, vocalists, drummers and FOH engineers.
- Play only highest or lowest note of a chord - great for playing solos with chord accompaniment.
- More convenient quick blocking of certain MIDI events.
- Widgets can now send CC, Pitchbend and Aftertouch messages directly to plugins, useful for plugins that don't have full support for host automation or to more easily control external synths.
- Keyboard splits can now be created by clicking directly on a MIDIBlock virtual keyboard.
- Added docstring constant to GP Script.
- Added many more system functions to GP Script. See here for the current list of available functions.
- Fixed a problem where certain combinations of audio interfaces and plugins could together cause switching to a particular rackspace to be slightly delayed.
A complete list of updates and bug fixes for this release as well as for earlier versions of Gig Performer is available here.
Gig Performer 2 is also available with upgrade pricing for Gig Performer 1 users.