DMG Audio has released Expurgate, which is described as the most advanced noise-detecting, circuit modelled, MIDI sample accurate, zero-latency, ultra-fast, lookahead, linear-phase sub-band gate.
- State of the art gating and expansion.
- Noise detector for automatic gating.
- Quick, simple, ergonomic interface.
- Circuit models of classic gates.
- Configurable from zero-latency, ultra-low CPU to oversampled ultra-high resolution.
- Ultra-low attack times when the safety is disabled.
- External sidechain for triggered gating.
- Global Bypass for all instances in a session.
- Sample-accurate MIDI triggering as gate or ducker.
- Three-band sidechain EQ, and massively configurable Split EQ.
- Separated mode, allowing fine mixing control.
- Per-channel or ganged control.
- M/S and L/R processing.
- Large, intuitive time-plot.
- Windows VST, VST3 and AAX as 32+64-bit, RTAS 32-bit.
- Mac VST, VST3, AU and AAX as 32+64-bit, RTAS 32-bit.
- Linear Phase crossover (Split) EQ.
- Zero-latency minimum phase mode, with Linkwitz-Riley crossovers.
- Variable lookahead to avoid losing transients.
- Oversampling mode to eliminate intermodulation distortions.
- Full mixer section.
- Ducking and upwards compression.
- Threshold, Ratio, Soft-knee, Gain-Reduction Depth and Hysteresis.
- Variable Stereo linkage.
- Complete set of Listen options for monitoring, including signal difference (output-input).
- Automatic detection of noise in signals.
- Simple three-control interface.
- Advanced section for precision control.
- Spectrum analyser for tuning sidechain EQ.
- Time-plot to highlight signal detection.
- Freely-resizable UI.
- Mac Retina support.
- 8 A/B banks.
- Intelligent Undo/Redo.
- Ergonomic channel linkage system.
- Autolisten for configuring filters.
Price: £99.99 (with first month intro pricing of £89.99).