Waves Audio is now shipping the Waves Cobalt Saphira plugin, an advanced harmonics shaping tool that lets you give your mixes analog musicality, depth and "glue" by adding rich harmonics to your tracks and separately shaping the various qualities of the harmonics you are adding.
Waves Cobalt Saphira gives you precise digital control over different aspects of your harmonics:
- Edge and Warmth – for separately controlling and balancing even and odd harmonics.
- 4-band EQ – for separately shaping the frequency spectrum of each type of harmonics.
- Harmonics modes – seven different modes, with graphical representation so you can see the changes in harmonic structure.
- Tape – five tape speeds for adding wow-and-flutter modulation in order to give your tracks extra musicality and depth.
Cobalt Saphira allows you to inject real depth into your mixes, helping you glue your tracks and turn them into a more musical and cohesive mix. Cobalt Saphira excels on groups and sub-mixes and in mastering situations.
- Analog harmonic enhancement with full digital control.
- Edge and Warmth controls – allowing you to balance tube, solid-state and transformer qualities in order to achieve various levels of even and odd harmonic enhancement.
- 4-Band EQ for separate control of the frequency spectrum of the even (Edge) and odd (Warmth) harmonics.
- Seven different Harmonics Modes for your tweaking pleasure.
- Tape depth with five different tape speeds to choose from.
- Great for "gluing" your sub-groups and master buss.
Cobalt Saphira is the first in the new Cobalt line of Waves plugins, which let you give your tracks analog qualities with a new level of surgical digital control.
Price: $149; on sale now for $99. Learn more at: www.waves.com/plugins/cobalt-saphira
Waves Cobalt Saphira Intro: youtu.be/O1ljg7tdBig
Tips on using Waves Cobalt Saphira: youtu.be/2wegOdDlBWo
Changes in Waves V9r29 installer:
- The new Cobalt Saphira available separately as well as in Mercury, Pro Show and SD7 Pro Show.
- Butch Vig Vocals: Sensitivity LED now properly responds to signals from both left and right channels.
- Doppler no longer crashes in AudioSuite while processing 4 mono tracks.
- Reel ADT: VCO movement now stays limited to VCO range when using the mouse wheel or arrow keys.
- GTR: Fixed microphone selection mismatch in some cabinets.
- Stomp Distortion: Fixed an issue where Tone and Contour may stop working in some cases.
- H-Delay: Note division and MS is now properly saved in MultiRack SoundGrid snapshots when using tap tempo.
- IR-1, IR-L, IRLive: Fixed IR locating issue under MultiRack after changing the name of the folder containing imported IRs.
- MetaFilter: Fixed LFO sync issue in Cubase/Nuendo.
- SoundShifter Pitch: Fixed latency issue under AudioSuite when shifting down.
- SoundShifter Pitch no longer creates a fade in on the first region when processing several regions under AudioSuite.
- TG12345: Switching presets now advances properly (within each category) instead of in alphabetical order.
- Waves Tune, Waves Tune LT: Fixed possible crash in offline processing.
- Waves Tune, Waves Tune LT: Copy/Paste Notes was removed from the menu.
- X-Crackle: Fixed processing at 96kHz on SoundGrid.
- NLS: Drive no longer affects the noise level.
- Scheps 73: GUI expand/collapse state is now properly saved in sessions.
- Final Cut Pro: Fixed GUI corruption when plugins are instantiated during playback.
- Cubase/Nuendo: Fixed possible crashes on Mac when closing and reopening sessions.
- Cubase: Plugins with Noise no longer crash when inserted in instrument tracks.
- Pro Tools 11 & 12: Fixed various issues with resetting (Alt+Click) controls.