JELSTUDIO has updated their Otto product-line with a special version called OttoXMS, a dynamic amplitude wave-shaper similar in function to dynamic normalizing or automatic gain-staging. OttoXMS automatically and continuously adjusts the volume-level on 4 audio-channels: Mid/Side/Left/Right (the normal Otto only does Left/Right channels).
- Fully automated (some functions can be controlled by user).
- Peak volume for each channel is raised or lowered dynamically to ~ -6dBFS.
- DC offset is reduced (not moved).
- Waveform asymmetry is reduced (increased loudness).
- Stereo imbalance is reduced (there is no channel cross-feed).
- Stereo width is adjusted to maximum width that maintains mono-compatibility.
- Does not clip audio-signals that has 'overs' (handles signals hotter than 0dB).
- Works on mono and stereo signals.
- Zero latency.
- Harmonic Distortions are lower than -70dBFS.
- 32-bit and 64-bit versions.
- Fully functional demo is available (briefly cutting sound every minute).
Price: £127 (includes both the normal Otto and OttoXMS plugins)