Instead of trying to accurately recreate the sound of a double bass, Ironface is instead designed to be an anachronistic combination of acoustic bowed sounds, large numbers of unison voices per note like one might find in a modern digital synth, and controls typical of simple analog synths. It can produce warm and organic versions of many classic sounds, from resonant bass plucks to string machines.
- Selectable number of unison voices - 1, 3, 5, 7 or 17.
- Two selectable sets of samples.
- Randomized sample playback start points and phase relationships between voices.
- All samples looped for infinite sustain.
- Detune and width controls.
- Vibrato speed and depth.
- AHDSR volume envelope.
- Resonant low-pass filter.
- Filter envelope with depth, attack and decay controls.
- All controls accessible from the GUI and mapped to MIDI CC.
- 20 presets including string sounds, basses, pads, plucks and an organ.
- 22.9 MB download size.
Price: Free. Due to the controls and advanced SFZ opcodes used, this library will not work fully in any SFZ sampler other than Plogue Sforzando with the latest ARIA Engine update applied.
Ironface is the only sound source in the below demo, and no external effects are used except for compression on the master channel.