Native Instruments has updated Reaktor to v6.3.0.
This update provides a fully overhauled user experience for the Blocks framework. Most remarkable new features: new file format, called "Rack" file, allows to save patches with your DAW session, patching Blocks is now possible on panel and a search box makes browsing for Blocks more intuitive.
The Blocks framework now also runs in free Reaktor Player, and is open for 3rd party products.
- New file format, called "Rack". The new file format is specifically suited to the Blocks framework, and allows to save patches, including the wiring, in a very small file size to enable saving patches with the host chunk.
- Patching on panel for Reaktor Full and Reaktor Player users in Rack mode.
- Quick Search Box for convenient browsing in Rack mode.
- "Visible on/off" property for terminal ports. The ports can now also have an user defined image.
- Visual representations of the audio in and out terminals on panel, supporting up to 40 ports.
- Min width and height properties for instruments and macros.
- New font "Roboto Condensed Light" for the text module.
- Global switch from A to B view for all instruments at once.
- Coloured wires - eight different colours are available to distinct wires in a patch.
- Consistency for file and project name in Rack mode.
- "Welcome Screen" on start up.
- "Load new Rack" entry to the Preference "On startup".
- Dedicated NEW.nksr Rack file to the Library folder of the application.
- Design of the interface in Rack mode. Four new buttons in the header now allow for switching between view states "Compact", "Ports only" and "Ports and Wires". Additional toggle switch for "Show Structure".
- "Extended view" in Maschine & Komplete Kontrol enables panel patching.
- Text module "view" properties default state.
- Design of the structure view in Rack mode. Removed breadcrumb navigation and Bookmarks bar. Changed color theme and design of structure view.
- Behaviour in case of loading a project with non applicable host chunk. If the Rack file is not loadable due to missing instruments referenced in the file, the host chunk will be preserved to be applicable after fixing installation.
- The sample map editor in Rack mode. The sample editor is showing only relevant options / functions, as the sample map editor in Reaktor Player.
- Handling of missing instruments. As the Rack format is relying on referenced files, a new error message guides users how to fix issues via Native Access, or the installation of 3rd party content.
- Automation ID issue: when deleting a Block the Automation IDs don't get auto compressed, but keep their original ID.
- Accessibility of presets via the toolbar. This issue occurred specifically with Reaktor instruments like FORM.
- Unnecessary properties in Rack Mode. Properties are now reduced to MIDI in and out Settings on the connect tab and the bankchain settings on the function tab.
- The option to "minimize" instruments and to switch A/B view via the header in Rack mode.
- Context menus for panel and structure view in Rack mode.