NAMM 2016Sony announces Sound Forge Pro Mac 3 and SpectraLayers Pro 4
Sony Creative Software has announced new versions of its Sound Forge Pro Mac and SpectraLayers Pro [Win/Mac] applications. These products can be purchased separately, or together in their associated Audio Master Suite 3 [Win/Mac] product bundles.
Sound Forge Pro Mac 3 comes with the addition of new features including expanded signal and effects processes, automatic audio detection and leveling capabilities, increased file format compatibility, and workflow enhancements that are logical extensions of the Sound Forge Mac experience.
SpectraLayers Pro 4 now features seamless interoperability with Avid Pro Tools, allowing users to perform spectral editing with sample-accurate precision anywhere on the Pro Tools project timeline. Additional new features include multiple-project handling capability and layer grouping options.
Sound Forge Pro Mac 3 and SpectraLayers Pro 4 are configured to work seamlessly with each other, providing a comprehensive audio production environment that combines deep waveform and spectrum editing capabilities. Both applications are included in the Audio Master Suite 3 bundle. Audio Master Suite 3 is further enhanced by the inclusion of HOFA CD-Burn & DDP, a freestanding application for authoring replicator-ready DDP (Disc Description Protocol) file sets.
"Sound Forge Pro Mac and SpectraLayers Pro continue to evolve rapidly on parallel tracks, " said John Freeborg, Vice President of Sony Creative Software. "Our new upgrades are cause for celebration among Pro Tools users and audio mastering engineers. We're delighted to join with AVID and HOFA to expand our offerings into new solutions that are more comprehensive than ever."
"HOFA is pleased to join forces with Sony Creative Software in pursuit of the perfect one-stop solution for audio mastering engineers, " said HOFA CEO Jochen Sachse. "With the addition of HOFA CD-Burn & DDP, the Audio Master Suite 3 workflow is now expanded to include bulletproof DDP data sets, ready for mass production."
Sony Creative Software will showcase the new versions of Sound Forge Pro Mac and SpectraLayers Pro at NAMM 2016 in booth #6331. Demonstrations will occur at SOFTWARE.NAMM Room 201CD, on Thursday, January 21 from 2:00 – 2:20pm; and Friday, January 22, from 11 – 11:20am.
Fully-functional trials of Sound Forge Pro Mac 2.5 and SpectraLayers Pro 3 are available at www.sonycreativesoftware.com.
Sound Forge Pro Mac 3 Software New Features:
- Expanded signal and effects processes. New processes include noise gate, reverb, simple delay, chorus, and flange.
- Audio repair improvements, including automatic clip detection.
- Automatic loudness leveling capabilities. Take the guesswork out of finalizing AES/EBU-compliant, broadcast-ready audio master files.
- Dynamic rendering of project files. Pass multiple audio pre-masters through unique plug-in chains on the way to disc, eliminating the need to create intermediary renders when burning Red Book audio CDs. Render every open audio file to AIF and save every Sound Forge project file along with its associated audio asset, all with a single click.
- Mastered for iTunes auditioning. Hear exactly what your Mastered for iTunes audio will sound like.
- Load the audio portions of popular video file formats. Sound Forge Pro Mac 3 can now open the audio content embedded in Sony Creative Software Catalyst family-compatible file formats.
SpectraLayers Pro 4 Software New Features:
- Seamless interoperability with Pro Tools. Launch SpectraLayers Pro directly from the Pro Tools timeline. Perform spectral editing with sample-accurate precision anywhere in your Pro Tools project.
- Multiple-project handling capability. Freely copy and paste material between numerous open projects.
- Layer Grouping. Builds on the color-coded SpectraLayers system; assign multiple layers to a group, and assign a group color to help keep your projects organized and compact.
Audio Master Suite 3 Mac:
- Value. Save on Sound Forge Pro Mac 3 and SpectraLayers Pro 4, and receive HOFA CD-Burn & DDP in the bundle.
- Comprehensive. Take advantage of the benefits of waveform and spectral editing in a seamless environment, and author replicator-ready DDP file sets.
Audio Master Suite 3 is also available for Windows, comprising SpectraLayers Pro 4, Sound Forge Pro 11, and HOFA CD-Burn & DDP.
Price and Availability
Sound Forge Pro Mac 3 software (MSRP $299.95), SpectraLayers Pro 4 software (MSRP $399.95 Mac/Win), and both applications bundled in the Audio Master Suite package (MSRP $499.95) will be available for purchase on February 17, 2016.
For more information, please visit: www.sonycreativesoftware.com.