Heavier7Strings is a seven-stringed metal-style virtual guitar instrument with effect rack and MIDI pattern library.
- Self-made sampler to perform direct disk read and fade-out on read timeout.
- Infinite sustain.
- Built-in DSP to provide tone adjustment functions, such as:
- random timbre and envelope change atop of recorded RR;
- timbre change on pitch bend, pitch shift and vibrato;
- digitally emulated string tension, resonance, tone knob and pickup switch.
- Vibrato by sample-based LFO that are adjustable on both frequency and depth.
- Automatic determination on string/fret board position and up/down picking.
- Trigger complete strumming by part of composing notes.
- Trigger power chord from root note.
- "True doubling": two guitar playing with individual RR state and randomly disturbed note playing time.
The Heavier7Strings includes a production-level effect rack that has following features:
- Commonly used modules: AMP, Cabinet, Overdrive, Screamer, Flanger, Ping-Pong Delay, etc.
- Modules can be freely-assembled.
- AMP works in 2-8x super sampling to avoid high frequency aliasing.
- 16 AMP styles from heavy metal to clean sound.
- 66 Cabinet factory IRs (impulse response) including various speakers and mics.
- User customizable cabinet IRs via wav files.
- At most four IRS can be mixed with different delay, volume and phasing.
Heavier7Strings contains a number of 200 predefined MIDI patterns together with effect rack configuration. The style of these patterns ranged from metal, rock, pop, clean and non-rhythmic noise and ambient sounds. All these patterns can be dragged into host DAWs, and users can define their own patterns by MIDI clip.