Spectra'phy is a "mastering grade" look-ahead brickwall limiter that utilizes the principals of mechanical physics for audio processing. The method employed allows the mastering engineer to achieve maximum perceived "loudness" transparently without ever getting overshoots (Digital-overs) with minimum audible distortion. The characteristics of the final audio can quickly be adjusted to taste with only two rotary-dials. The drive / color dial component also allows the addition of analog saturation when "running hot", this can be disabled if not required.
Crysonic claims that what makes Spectra'phy's process unique is the "novel" approach used for its dynamic signal analysis. Internally Spectra'phy utilizes a special physics engine to accurately simulate multiple response signals to maximize the perceived signal volume and to also "brick wall" upper limit to peak set levels. Final response curve is computed on the analysis of multiple simulations each having different characteristics that are driven mainly by incoming transient signals concurrently. This approach apparently tends to produce a more natural sound, almost completely eliminating the risk of introducing audible nonlinear distortion.
- Physics based Peak Limiting.
- Maximum transparent loudness.
- Look-ahead Brickwall limiting with no overshoots (Digital-overs).
- Variable Limiter mode (Analog / Physical - Digital / Current).
- Elasticity - Limiter Transient (Peak) response strength / Speed.
- Saturation / Drive Dial.
- VST Automation for all parameters.
- Gain reduction and RMS meters.
- 64-bit internal precision.
- 24bit/96Khz audio support.
- Optimized custom DSP code.
- Transparent Multi-Band Auto summing processor.
- Individual Gain Threshold adjustment of L/R channels for all Bands.
- Kalman Filter Based smoothing of peak transients.
- Linear or Exponential modes for imparting analog warmth.
- Cross-Over filter frequency selection component.
- Look-ahead Brickwall limiting Algorithm with no overshoots.