Apogee Electronics has announced that Apogee FX Rack is now available as a limited initial release of 4 native plugins. EQP-1A, Opto-3A, ModEQ 6 and ModComp will be rolling out as a free download to registered Element Series and Ensemble Thunderbolt customers by email.
Apogee FX Rack combines a premium selection of modern and vintage plugins with audio hardware DSP and simple yet flexible workflow options. It features a collection of modern and vintage EQ and dynamics plugins. The Pultec EQP-1A, Opto-3A, ModEQ 6 and ModComp are all native and Apogee hardware DSP enabled and compatible with AU, VST and AAX formats on macOS.
Apogee Partners with Pulse Techniques to model Pultec EQP-1A
To develop the Pultec EQP-1A, Apogee partnered with Steve Jackson of Pulse Techniques the current manufacturer of new Pultec hardware. During the 10 years Steve spent to recreate the legendary EQP-1A he learned the intricate secrets of each component from the only person alive who knew them – Eugene Shenk, the original Pultec designer.
Working with legendary mixing engineering Bob Clearmountain and through a process of careful analysis of several vintage and new Pultec EQP-1A units, Apogee chose to model their plugin after one of Steve's new Pultec units.
Apogee's software Pultec is the only EQP-1A type plugin approved and fully licensed by Steve and Pulse Techniques.
Flexible and Powerful Workflow:
- Native mode: Native mode lets you use Apogee FX Rack plugins in any DAW on your Mac without Apogee hardware connected just like any other plugin.
- Print and DualPath monitor modes for Element and Ensemble interfaces: The hardware DSP in your Apogee Element Series and Ensemble Thunderbolt interfaces, now activated by the Apogee FX Rack system, offer two additional workflow options when recording.
- Print mode: Apply Apogee FX directly to the Apogee hardware input – open the FX Rack in Apogee Control, apply your desired processing and record – FX processing is printed to your DAW track.
- DualPath Monitor mode: To preserve the flexibility to tweak your processing as you record and build your mix, DualPath Monitor offers a simple solution. When you open a native Apogee FX Rack in your DAW, then link it to an Apogee hardware input, a parallel FX Rack is automatically opened in the low latency monitoring path. Changes made in either plugin are instantly mirrored to maintain a consistent sound. Since most hardware controls, including mic pre gain, are accessible from your DAW, there's no need to switch between windows.
Free with Apogee Hardware DSP Enabled Audio Interfaces
Apogee FX Rack's Print and DualPath Monitoring modes are available exclusively in Apogee Ensemble Thunderbolt and Element Series interfaces. When you purchase an Ensemble Thunderbolt, Element 24, 46 or 88 before December 30th 2018 you will receive Apogee FX Rack with with EQP-1A, Opto-3A, ModEQ 6 and ModComp ($449 value) plugins for free.
Initial limited release October 17, 2018; Full release November 2018.
Pricing and Bundles:
- Standalone – Apogee FX Rack bundle with EQP-1A, Opto-3A, ModEQ 6 and ModComp plugins: $449.
- Free thru December 30th, 2018 when you purchase a new Ensemble Thunderbolt or Element series interface from an authorized Apogee dealer.
- Free thru December 30th, 2018 to registered Ensemble Thunderbolt or Element series interface customers.