Cockos has released a beta of REAPER 2.0 (beta 2 is already available). This beta has a lot of new stuff, the highlights of which are listed below. For a full list view the changelog in the about box.
- New default them by WhiteTie, old theme is available as "Classic".
- Extensions to advanced theming.
- Drawing improvements (fixed occasional display issues on track panels etc.).
- More colorthemeable things (MIDI editor, docker, can be set independently, more fonts themeable).
- Mixer: Optional FX/send views on the track.
- Screensets: focus tracking, more mixer state saved in screensets, other bug fixes.
- Automation: new option to allow easy adding of tons of new automation (prefs/editing/"Automatically add/arm envelopes when tweaking parameters in write modes").
- Editing: a bunch of editing fixes, improvements to automation moving with items.
- Multi-channel master track (primarily for doing advanced sidechains etc on the master).
- FX: renaming of effect instances, comment window improvements.
- JS: new functionality including PDC, as well as position reporting to effects.
The REAPER 2.x series will get a lot of additions over the next year or so.
Registered REAPER 1.x users get a free upgrade to 2.x, and, until version 2.0 is launched on the main Cockos web site (rather than just in the forum), you can still buy 1.x licenses for the current price (there will be a price increase for REAPER 2.x). So, if you want to get a license at the current prices, you have about a week.