Numerical Audio has updated VOLT to version 1.3 adding a number of new features, improvements and bug-fixes.
Starting with version 1.3 VOLT includes the much requested patch randomizer allowing for everything from fine grained tweaks to existing patches to full on random chaos. Users can select individual parameters or choose from a list of pre-defined sets such as voice, modulation or effects. In addition, the amount of randomness can be set as well as whether to modify values in an absolute or relative manner.
Next, patch management has been further improved with a new quick save menu which makes saving or updating patches easier than ever. In addition, user and factory patches are now unified in an all new browser including options to export or delete patches either individually or in bulk.
VOLT now supports iCloud Drive for patch storage, enabling effortless sync across multiple iOS devices.
Last but not least, v1.3 includes various MIDI and CPU related tweaks and bug-fixes to guarantee smooth operation regardless of the host device or MIDI hardware used.
VOLT is available at a 50% discount selling for $9.99 until June 25th, the 1.3 update is available for free from the Apple App Store.
For more info head over to numericalaudio.com/volt.
Full Release Notes:
- Presets: Added preset randomizer.
- Presets: Added option to select between iCloud and local patch storage.
- Presets: factory and user patches are now unified in a new preset browser.
- Presets: preset saving has been simplified via quick save menu.
- Presets: last used preset is now restored upon startup.
- Presets can now be deleted in bulk.
- Presets can now be exported individually or in bulk.
- MIDI: Added option to select between regular and MPE MIDI (use regular MIDI when playing Volt from external sequencers or traditional MIDI keys).
- DSP: optimized overall CPU usage.
- DSP: limited voice count to 4 on older devices (iPad2, iPad3).
- Fixed an issue where tempo syncing the delay would not work properly.
- Fixed an issue where running S/H at audio rate could cause the audio engine to break in some cases.
- Fixed an issue where playing Volt from external sequencers could generate hanging notes.
- Fixed an issue where presets created with a certain build number would no longer load but crash the app.