rncbc.org releases Qtractor v0.7.3 - "A Tackier Gluon" for Linux
rncbc.org has released Qtractor v0.7.3, code-named "A Tackier Gluon".
Qtractor is an audio/MIDI multi-track sequencer application written in C++ with the Qt framework. Target platform is Linux, where the Jack Audio Connection Kit (JACK) for audio and the Advanced Linux Sound Architecture (ALSA) for MIDI are the main infrastructures to evolve as a fairly-featured Linux desktop audio workstation GUI, specially dedicated to the personal home-studio.
Change-log (since last release):
- Slight increase on the number of decimal digits for the plug-in parameters while on the generic plug-in properties dialogue. Also applied to automation curve node value editing.
- Unlimited slack is now in effect on editing over and beyond the current session or clip contents length, on both the main tracks and MIDI clip editor (piano-roll) views.
- Ctrl+click and dragging the left or right edges of a clip will now make it spill over and replicate as many clip clones as it fits in the left or right horizontal extent.
- Added View/Note Type and Value Type command menus to the MIDI clip editor (aka. piano-roll) which opens the possibility for discrete short-cuts to switching views e.g. Note Velocity and Controller views.
- Fixed the conversion and/or override of MIDI clip offsets when moving and copy/pasting across tempo/time-signature changes.
- Fixed MIDI file track/channel duration estimator, which was giving quite wrong and way too short reads.
- Fixed a drag-and-drop bug over the main tracks view, when new tracks were being inserted at the top and not to the bottom as is normally indicated by the floating visual place-holder.
- Fixed LV2UI_Resize handle from extension_data (LV2_UI__resize), now passing LV2UI_Handle in first argument to ui_resize ().
Qtractor is free, open-source Linux Audio software, distributed under the terms of the GNU General Public License (GPL) version 2 or later.
See also: Qtractor 0.7.3 - A Tackier Gluon is out.