Samples From Mars has released Kawaii Dreams From Mars for free, and is having a contest to see who can make the best track with the pack (the top 3 winners receive $500, $250, $100 Reverb.com gift cards).
About the pack SFM says:
After a recent deep dive into early rave records, I went down a rabbit hole to find out what synths were responsible for the sounds that made the music so special. So we grabbed a handful of vintage Kawaii synths and fell in love with the K3 (1986), K1 (1988), and GB-2 A.K.A. Session Trainer (1991).
These wavetable synths have an inherent harmonic distortion from the era's conversion technology that give them a ton of character not possible from analog oscillators (and not captured on the recent plugins that have surfaced). So we sampled a mix of era-defining preset patches and custom patches. These sounds are cinematic, nostalgic, and orchestral... but above all, dreamy.
Visit their website to download the pack and enter the contest.
- 15 multi-sampled patches organized into 4 categories.
- Samples from the Kawaii K1, K3 and GB-2 Session Trainer.
- Iconic Kawaii sounds like Return Home and Hello .
- Voices, Keys, Pads and Organs.
- Custom programmed K3 patches with Analog Filter modulations.
- Slow sweeps, warm strings, random LFOs, punchy plucks, and 2 custom programmed organ patches.
- 928 24-bit WAV samples.
- WAVs are trimmed, looped, named by note, and mapped to various samplers.
- WAVs feature mapping and looping metadata, for easy drag n drop into unsupported samplers.
- Recorded cleanly through an API 1608 console to Apogee Symphony Conversion.
- Modwheel parameters and FX routing on all software instruments.
- 1.73 GB Unzipped.
Intro Price: Free (Reg. $19).