Seaweed Audio has released Fathom version 2.17, which adds a professional Mixer unit.
The Mixer provides individual volume and pan control through each output connection, as well as master controls and a built-in digital delay on each output channel. Each digital delay channel can be set using seconds, beats, oscillator cycles or samples. The mixer also provides a direct output connection to the host track before the signal splits to each output. All mixer controls can be individually modulated.
All Changes in v2.17:
- Added Mixer Unit:
- The mixer provides precise control over volume and pan for any signal routed through it as well as control of each output connection between itself and other objects. The mixer also provides the ability to split the audio signal from the mixer directly to the track master output before the output connections. A digital delay is also provided on each channel so the signal can be delayed by any amount through different sections of the signal flow.
- All controls on the Mixer unit can be modulated.
- Fixed the Cubase crash when loading presets from the Cubase preset interface.
- Added shell browser to the preset browser page which makes it possible to change the root between hard drives in Mac OS X and Windows.
- Changed FM to use the balanced waveform without the DC component so that FM always retains tonality even for complex waveforms. This change makes FM usable for waveforms drawn by the user even if the area under the curve is not vertically symmetrical.
- Add three new color pickers for the wave table 3D views, left graph, right graph and middle graph.
- Improved efficiency of processor signal flow buffer handling to reduce distortion at high CPU load. Completely eliminated all memory allocation during normal sample buffer processing by using a new buffer swapping mechanism rather than allocating new buffers for each sample block.
- Improved performance of Gaussian filter during modulations to create perfectly smooth audio with multiple parameters modulated including the Gaussian parameters and the oscillator partials.
- Fixed the envelope glide on feature so it works in mono mode.
The upgrade is free to Fathom owners at www.fathomsynth.com/versions