New features in Vegas 6 software include:
- Comprehensive HDV support optimized for the new Sony HVR-Z1U and HDR-FX1 cameras and the HVR-M1OU HDV VTR deck.
- SD/HD SDI capture, editing and export using Blackmagic Design DeckLink boards.
- Enhanced multi-processor support resulting in faster renders.
- Superior frame rate conversions (i.e. 1080i to 720-24p and 1080-24p WMV HD).
- Next-generation DVI/VGA external monitoring tools.
- Project nesting.
- AAF import/export.
- System-wide media asset management.
- VST audio effect support.
- Broadcast WAV (BWF) import and arrange.
- Playhead timeline scrubbing.
- Editing enhancements.
DVD Architect 3 software now offers:
- Support for dual-layer authoring and burning.
- Mastering to DLT, DDP, CMF.
- CSS and Macrovision encryption tools.
- Adobe PhotoShop software (PSD) layer support.
- Multi-angle selection.
- Project playlists.
- Theme export.
- Jacket Picture creation.
- Smart-project re-prepare.
- Media FX application.
Additionally, the Vegas+DVD Production Suite comes with three pieces of free bonus software: Boris Grafitti Ltd; Boris FX Ltd. For Vegas – featuring a professional-grade chroma-keyer and motion stabilizer; and Magic Bullet Movie Looks HD50, an enhanced version of the Movie Looks program that previously shipped with the suite. The new version supports HD resolutions, and provides 50 different presets that mimic popular television and movie looks.
The Sony Vegas+DVD Production Suite is available worldwide now with a suggested retail price of US$899.95. Vegas 6 is also available separately for a suggested retail price of US$599.95.