Magix has released the third update for Vegas Pro 16 (Build 352).
- In addition to manual refresh to keep the storyboard in sync with the timeline, an automatic refresh option has been added so the storyboard refreshes after each timeline edit.
- An update notification feature has been added in order to keep in better touch with users when new product updates and fixes are available.
- DX12 based HDR external preview support.
- The video stabilization plug-in now has three modes for use depending upon the level of control desired ranging from basic mode with simple one-click operation, to expert mode with a powerful set of optimization parameter controls.
- Automation for Video stabilization parameters enables you to make adjustments over time or to bypass stabilization during certain portions of a clip.
- HDR Mastering Display Metadata for rendering HDR10 content has been added to the Project Media window.
- A filter option in the Render As dialog box filters the render formats and templates down to just those are are 360° compatible when you've specified your project as a 360°in the Video tab of Project Properties.
- Mechanism is now in place to inform users when a new update of the software is available.
- Inconsistencies when analyzing a video for stabilization with the Static setting selected have been resolved.
- Closing and reopening the Project Media window no longer disengages storyboard hover scrub, and no longer resets storyboard in/out points.
- Stabilization works properly when the video is contained on a track that has an audio track above it on the timeline.
- Using the Esc key while dragging an event properly cancels the move operation rather than clearing the storyboard and causing a crash upon reopening the Project Media window.
- The mouse wheel works properly with OFX plug-ins even when Scroll Inactive windows is enabled in Windows.
- This update correctly preserves the order of effects in video effect chains that were created in VEGAS Pro 15 or earlier which involve pre-Event Pan/Crop effects and post-composite track effects.
- Manually adjusting the Zoom slider properly disables the Auto-zoom checkbox.
- Missing Aspect ratio options have been add back to the Properties dialog box.
- The Use Current Project Folder option has been fixed in the Advanced Save utility.
- Text boxes scroll correctly when Scroll inactive windows is enabled in Windows 10.
- Render template Frame Rate settings properly use a period or comma based on the language the application has been installed in.
- The Project Media window is no longer limited to showing just 100 thumbnails.
- Project Media thumbnails do not redraw when there are more than 49 shown and you move the mouse over them.
- Improved thumbnail reading in the Project Media window avoids crashing.
- Variable frame rate media plays back with properly synchronized audio.
- Fixed issue where improper thumbnail can appear for generated media in the Project Media window.
- Fixed issue where some MP4 files crashed the application when loaded into VEGAS.
- Audio Event FX window no longer remains open after deleting the track from which the audio effect is applied to.
- Issue when envelopes move in the wrong direction when using the CTRL key while dragging is fixed.
- Fixed crash when loading some plugins on startup.
- Checkerboard artifacts may be visible in HDR external preview when preview quality is set to "Best" with certain kinds of footage; please switch to "Good" quality in such scenarios; this does not affect the actual rendered output.
- Very bright yellows can blow out with the default ACES Rec.2020/1000 nits IDT; please use Levels FX to adjust the footage to work around that.