zenAud.io has released an update to its flagship looper DAW, zenAud.io ALK2 and ALK2 Solo. In v2.2.5, users will find a number of fixes and improvements which include the addition of a visual metronome and the ability to generate and output MIDI CC and PG messages to external hardware.
- Visual Metronome feature (automatable) - ALK interface flashes to the global tempo.
- MIDI CC and PG messages can now be generated on playback loops (on MIDI tracks) and output through physical MIDI ports.
- Solo track now automatable.
- Unsolo all by right clicking.
- Unified version means that projects created on Windows can now be opened on Mac and vice versa.
- ALK2 Solo now allows the selection of audio I/Os and MIDI controllers - the first one(s) selected in the list are enabled (now also on Mac).
- Bug with crashing on exiting.
- Numerous small fixes.