Plogue has updated chipspeech, the vintage speech synthesizer, to v1.700 featuring a new character called Voder.
Here's what they say:
Originally conceived as an AI-augmented prototype exosuit for military operations in humanoid-hostile environments, Voder was hailed by the Galactic government as the weapon that would finally end the war. Unfortunately, development was rushed, the vocal apparatus was rudimentary (requiring a humanoid manual operator), and the AI was unchecked and erratic. Consequently, Voder developed its own agenda, turning against the government that created it and "employing" any persons it found convenient to as operators in its service, like cogs in the metaphorical machine.
- Inventor: Homer W. Dudley.
- Famous for: Being the first electro-mechanic voice synthesizer.
- Device: Rigorously trained human operator.
- Synthesis type: Filter bank synthesis.
- Wikipedia: link
- Tone: Strange resonances with unexpected surprises and weird noise, can be very muted.