ROLI launches Seaboard RISE 2 MPE controller
ROLI has announced the launch of a refined and reimagined Seaboard, the Seaboard RISE 2. The RISE 2 launch marks the first time in two years that the instrument has been available for sale.
Invented by Roland Lamb in 2009, the Seaboard is one of the most significant new musical interfaces developed in past years. It has been used by a long list of artists as diverse as Hans Zimmer, AR Rahman, Jordan Rudess, Grimes, will.i.am, RZA and 40, and featured in many of the last decade's biggest hits.
The Seaboard's development was pivotal to ROLI's work to help establish the field of expressive electronic instruments and its enabling standard, MIDI Polyphonic Expression (MPE).
Developing new instruments is a long-process, and today is a major milestone in our journey with the Seaboard. RISE 2 is easier to play, more durable and a more beautiful, expressive experience than ever before. It is also an experience transformed by over a decade of development in Equator2, the world's leading dedicated MPE synth, plus the creation of a whole ecosystem of compatible software and workflow solutions across the industry. This launch marks the transition of MPE from a fledgling, peripheral project to an established and mature category, which is becoming increasingly central to how digital music is made. We deeply appreciate all the people around the world who believe in this vision and are excited for the Seaboard community to continue to grow and thrive.Roland Lamb
What's new with Seaboard RISE 2:
- A new Keywave2 playing surface, rigorously tested with piano and Seaboard players to be more intuitive and effortlessly expressive than ever before, featuring precision frets which help players to feel the exact position of their fingers on each key.
- A more powerful, comprehensive, and versatile suite of bundled software, including Equator2 synth (worth $249), featuring 1400+ presets. Ableton Live Lite and ROLI Studio are also included.
- A burnished platinum blue aluminum chassis, part of a premium build, fine-tuned for maximum durability.
- Expanded compatibility with other instruments with MIDI Port and USB-C.
- A next generation version of ROLI Dashboard, featuring enhanced 5D visualizers to customize your settings to perfection.
A limited run has been released for preorder, exclusively on roli.com, for $1,399 (£1,099, €1,299) and includes Equator2 and ROLI Studio.