Cockos Incorporated has released version 2.0 of its REAPER digital audio workstation (DAW) software.
Included in the new 2.0 version is the enhanced pitch shift/time stretch algorithm elastique Pro by zplane.development, giving REAPER users the state of the art in pitch and tempo manipulation. REAPER 2.0 contains hundreds of enhancements, including extended mixer views that fully support drag and drop for routing and insert FX. In addition to new functionality, REAPER 2.0 is also faster, with optimizations made throughout, and features even better hardware and plug-in compatibility. REAPER 2.0 features enhanced skinning support, complete with a new default theme.
With all of the improvements in 2.0, REAPER is still a very small 3 megabyte download, and is portable, meaning users can run REAPER natively on nearly any Windows computer from a portable drive or USB keychain.
Existing registered users of REAPER receive a free upgrade to version 2, and REAPER is now priced at $225 for full (commercial use) licenses, or $50 for non-commercial use licenses.
Main changes summary:
- New pitch/timestretch modes: elastique Pro, Efficient, and SOLOIST.
- Nicer looking default theme by WhiteTie (old still available via classic).
- New extended mixer views (FX inserts, sends, etc), with uber-drag and drop editing.
- Performance improvements in many areas, including support for multiprocessing with UAD-1.
- New ReaPitch pitch shifter plug-in, ReaTune now can use advance pitch shifter modes.
- MIDI editor and playback improvements, MID file tempo map importing.
- Tempo/time signature change improvements.
- New automation options to make adding large amounts of automation easier.
- Improved plug-in compatibility, JS enhancements (including full PDC for JS effects).
- Tons of small fixes, refinements, and enhancements.