MuTools has updated their MuLab and MUX Modular plug-ins to version 8.4. Version 8.4 features APLC = Automatic Plug-in Latency Compensation. APLC enables the proper use of plug-ins like look-ahead compressors, FFT equalizers, vocoders, convolvers, etc.
Most of the time, APLC is fully transparent to the user, it's all automatic. However it's also possible to manually control the latency compensation of a plug-in or external MIDI synth/effect that doesn't report its latency.
- New "Latency Generator" module. This module can be used to manually define a latency for a plug-in or hardware synth/fx that doesn't report its latency, and so it gets included in the APLC system. This module also is a handy tool to check APLC in MuLab or any other host DAW.
- Project browser can now also be docked on the left side of the main project window.
- MIDI recording: A new recorded part now simply ends at the time you stopped recording. (before it ended at the end of the last recorded event).
- Patch Point module now also has a modulation in-to-out jack.
- Modulation Monitor now has an indicator that shows whether the input signal is at audio rate.
- The "Convert Rex Files" function now is available in all versions.
- Event List Editor now also indicates muted events by graying them out.
- When using a large audio engine block size, recording things from the GUI was recorded with less accurate timing. Fixed.
- When using a large audio engine block size, then the play cursor was moving stuttery. Fixed.
- The play cursor and transport time displays did not take the audio output latency into account. Fixed.
- MuDrum: Fixed a bug when pasting a rack in the MuDrum rack desk.
- Audio Dispatcher module: When using one of the Solo Modes and Use Velocity was on, this caused a crash after the last note off. Fixed.
- Inserting a Send in a rack could in some cases cause a crash. Fixed.
- Dropping a track recorder on that same track caused a crash. Fixed.
- Dropping a module on a track and that module is in some way an input to that track's audio recorder, then this caused a feedback loop. Fixed.
- Due to a recent new bug saving a sample to a file caused a crash. Fixed.
- Cutting multiple modules from a modular area caused a hang. Fixed.
- Tools -> MIDI Input Monitor wasn't working anymore. Fixed.
- When using nested meta-parameters, tweaking a child parameter didn't always update the parent meta-parameter. Fixed.
- When tweaking a parameter, then start recording and undo-redo that parameter change, that undo-redo parameter change was unintentionally recorded too. Fixed.
- Some additional GUI style adjustments for specific parts to get them in harmony with the rest of the new restyled GUI.
- Less redundant infotips.
- MUX Modular Plug-In: Previously when loading DAW projects/presets that were saved with MUX 7 Plug-in, but now loaded into MUX 8 Plug-in, then the audio sequence editor showed empty events. Fixed.
- Lower RAM usage.
- Misc. other small improvements.
All info and downloads on MuTools.com