Outsim has updated Synthmaker to version 2.0.2. This release contains some final corrections to the automatic stage conversion.
Most of the changes apply to Assembler components so if you're not using these then you won't be affected. The main point of the corrections made is to ensure that older files containing Assembler components will have any stage1 declarations automatically changed to the new default of stage2.
Also in this update they've brought in a new component which was previously on the R&D list. The Save Wave component allows you to save to a wave file. They've improved this component compared to the R&D version by adding sample format options and fixed the few remaining bugs too.
Finally the automatic update check had a few issues with the last release. These should be resolved now although anyone moving from version 2.0 or those who grabbed an early 2.0.1 may see an incorrect product name on the update dialog box. This has no effect on the process and has been corrected in 2.0.2 ready for 2.0.3.
Summary of changes:
- Fix: Assembler components didn't have the automatic stage1 to stage2 conversion working.
- Fix: Assembler components weren't automatically recompiling on loading after stage conversion.
- Fix: Automatic stage1 to stage2 conversion wasn't working in Code Components if stage declarations contained white space (for example, "Stage (1)" or "Stage( 1 )" would be ignored).
- New: Save Wave component is promoted out of R&D.
- Fix: the Save Wave component wasn't working when saving very small files.
- Fix: the Save Wave component didn't need the 'Mono' input and instead take this from the supplied Mem.
- New: the Save Wave component has new format options for 16,24 & 32 bit ints and also 32 bit floats.
- New: the WaveFile and WaveFileArray components now support 32 bit sample wave files (both float and int).