Softube has announced the release of Tape, a new plug-in designed to add cohesion and weight to your mixes. Tape goes far beyond your average tape machine emulation. It includes three distinctly different tape machine types, ease of use, low CPU strain and a MixFX version for added features for Presonus Studio One.
Tape is available now in VST, VST3, Audio Units and AAX Native plug-in formats with an introductory price of $79 (normal price $99 after June 30).
Softube also announced the release of the 4ms Spectral Multiband Resonator (SMR) module for Modular, the first releases by synth module vendor 4ms for the Softube Modular platform, joining Doepfer and Intellijel among the licensed Modular brands.
4ms SMR for Modular can process audio like a classic filter bank, ring like a marimba when plucked/struck, vocode, re-mix tracks, harmonize, output spectral data, quantize other oscillators to scales and much more. It's deep, versatile and expands what is possible to achieve with Modular.
4ms SMR for Modular is available now at the introductory price of $39 ($49 after June 30, 2017).
Lastly, all Softube software has been updated to v2.4.17. The new release includes Tape, 4ms Spectral Multiband Resonator [SMR], TSAR-1 Reverb and TSAR-1R Reverb for Modular as well as Console 1 compatibility for seven new UAD-2 plug-ins.
- Added the new Tape plug-in. Also available is the Studio One MixFX version called Tape Multitrack. Note that you currently need to set Studio One to 32-bit audio processing. See More here: Studio One: MixFX issue.
- Modular: The new 4ms Spectral Multiband Resonator (SMR) is now available.
- Modular: The GUI now leaves Move/Edit modes when loading a preset.
- Modular: Remade presets with parameters sorted in UI order.
- Modular: Fixed broken Bitcrusher 2 preset.
- Modular: Fixed a drag and drop bug that occurred in Cubase after loading a preset with Modular in a Track Instrument slot.
- Console 1: Fixed a bug where the On-Screen Display would get stuck in All mode.
- Console 1: Added compatibility for UAD-2 Manley Massive Passive, Manley Variable Mu, DBX 160 and API 225L compressor/limiter, 235L expander/gate and 550L equalizer from the API Vision channel strip.
- Console 1: Fixed issue with loading the UAD SSL G Bus Compressor in Console 1
- Console 1 (UAD): Fixed an issue where the dynamics curve for UAD Valley People Dyna-mite was wrong in the Shape section.
- Console 1: Fixed an issue where the EQF-100 section in Summit Audio Grand Channel for Console 1 strip started with the wrong default values.
- Console 1: Fixed a bug where the gain reduction meters were still showing a value after the section was bypassed.
- Console 1: Added error messages when input and output sections fail to load.
- Console 1: Changed the plug-in GUI to resemble the hardware more closely.
- Console 1: Removed a erroneous pan from four of the presets for the Solid State Logic XL 9000 K-Series for Console 1 strip.
- TSAR-1 Reverb, TSAR-1R Reverb and Heartbeat: Fix a async buffer performance issue for high sample rates (88 kHz and up).
- FET Compressor: Removed automatic detection of external sidechain (the LED), for all DAWs but Pro Tools.
- Modular: Horizontal scroll is now available also on Windows for compatible devices. (Logitech mice are not compatible due to a long-standing bug).
- Drawmer 1973 Multi-Band Compressor: Fixed a bug where the external sidechain would only use one gain reduction value per buffer.
- Fixed an crash when loading plug-ins in Limited Harrison Mixbus.
- Fixed crash a crash in Bitwig when loading Heartbeat and Modular.